There’s a new NWTRCC newsletter out, with content including:
- an invitation to the upcoming NWTRCC national gathering in Pennsylvania
- a discussion of U.S. citizenship and war tax resisters — both getting citizenship and giving it up
- notes on the Jeju naval base and the Troika Fiscal Disobedience Consultancy
- actions by Don Schrader, Don Timmerman, and Phil Runkel
- a profile of war tax resister Kathy Labriola
In other war tax resistance news:
- NWTRCC is keeping a list of nationwide war tax resistance protest actions taking place .
- Here’s a graphic and write-up from a member of Conscience Canada, the peace tax / war tax resistance group from the great white north, as found in Canadian Mennonite.
- Paper Money carried an article on the “Thoreau Money” banknote-like leaflets that were used by war tax resistance groups in the United States during the Vietnam War. The article goes into unusual detail about the history and structure of the war tax resistance movement in that period.
- War tax resistance season has begun in Spain, too. Here’s the announcement from Derecho de Rebelión.
- The group Conscience, from the U.K., has finalized its version of “peace tax” legislation, which it hopes to get Parliament to consider. It differs in some ways from other countries’ versions of this plan for implementing legalized conscientious objection to military taxation.