The issue of NWTRCC’s newsletter is out, with content that includes:
- a preview of the “Tax Day” actions planned this year
- notes on how war tax resisters are reacting to IRS policies
- Joseph Olejak, who was recently convicted of criminal charges for his war tax resistance, tells his story.
- prospects for convincing Amnesty International to take on the case of American conscientious objectors to military spending, an interesting note about John & Pat Schwiebert’s resistance, and brief reports from two recent workshops on war tax resistance
- a summary of some recently-released on-line resources
- announcements about the national gathering in San Diego, ’s in Indiana, and about the newly-reorganized War Tax Resisters Penalty Fund
- the story of Jack Herbert’s painstaking (but successful) effort to get his “frivolous filing” penalty overturned