The issue of More Than a Paycheck, NWTRCC’s newsletter, is now on-line. Contents include:
- an overview of “tax day” actions planned across the country this year
- notes and updates about the new health care bill, IRS enforcement tactics, taxpatriatism, the advantages of credit unions, and the criminal case against war tax resister Frank Donnelly
- Chris Moore-Backman writes about the suit he has filed to try to get legal protection for conscientious objection to military taxation
- food for thought: tax resistance ideas and actions
- resource updates, including new brochures, a “penny poll” tutorial, the new War Resisters League pie chart, and reviews of the new Death and Taxes film
- a profile of war tax resister Liz Scranton
If you liked Liz Scranton’s profile, you’ll probably also like this account from a produce-addled wild-eyed hairy mountain man. Both tell of lifestyle choices that go beyond tax resistance to a more radical reinvention of what it means to live a good life.