A new issue of NWTRCC’s newsletter is out, with content including:
- A look back at 45 years of grants from war tax resistance “alternative funds”.
- Jason Rawn on the Poor People’s Economic Human Rights Campaign and its relation to NWTRCC’s “Divest from the Pentagon, Invest in People” campaign.
- Erica Weiland asks whether police brutality, mass incarceration, and institutionalized racism are another “war” worth resisting.
- Highlights from a Q&A session on legal issues surrounding war tax resistance led by NWTRCC’s legal advisor Peter Goldberger.
- A call for a volunteer to be NWTRCC’s representative at the World Congress on Military and Social Spending in Berlin later this year.
- Announcements about the upcoming New England Gathering of War Tax Resisters and Supporters and of Campaign Nonviolence’s Action Week, along with commentary on tax day actions and the recent Shut Down Creech camp.
- Ruth Benn reflects on the recent NWTRCC national gathering.
- A profile of war tax resister Margaret Weitzmann.