Some new links of interest to war tax resisters in particular:
- The next national gathering of the National War Tax Resistance Coordinating Committee will be held in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania (near Philadelphia). Check this page for details.
- Anne Barron shares her experiences in organizing a recent war tax resistance teach-in in San Diego.
- I’ve put together a page on Pioneers of the Modern American War Tax Resistance Movement at the NWTRCC site. It gives brief biographies of those resisters who were part of the organized war tax resistance movement that emerged in .
- War Resisters’ International highlighted the bright yellow attack by war tax resisters in Bilbao on the Juan de Garay military barracks.
- Fifth Estate carries Erica Weiland’s article on how war tax resistance featured in the movement to end the U.S. war on Vietnam.
I also recently discovered some war tax resistance items on Issuu — an on-line magazine publishing platform:
- “Mennonites say no to war taxes” — the cover story from an issue of The Mennonite from .
- “Turning Toward Peace program redirects war taxes” (page 40) — a war tax redirecton program sponsored by the Mennonite Central Committee, as described in The Mennonite of .
- The Broken Rifle #62 — an issue of the War Resisters’ International newsletter devoted to war tax resistance, from .
- “What if They Gave a War and Nobody Paid?” — an article by David Hartsough in the Street Spirit.
- Clearly from My Heart — devoted to the life and ideas of Albuquerque war tax resister Don Schrader.