Some recent links from here and there…
- The journal Taxation features an article by Helen Thornley on the “Impact of the Women’s Tax Resistance League”.
- Some 30-year-anniversary remembrances of the struggle against Thatcher’s poll tax are appearing, including:
- Today in London riotous history, 1990: local anti-poll tax demo erupts, Brixton (past tense)
- Police officers from all over the county were called to poll tax protest in Southampton (Daily Echo)
- Erica Leigh reports back from the International Conference on War Tax Resistance and Peace Tax Campaigns last year in Scotland.
- Deborah White of Ukiah, California, has gotten fed up and has decided to stop paying federal income tax. She declared her tax resistance in a letter-to-the-editor of her local paper.
- More recent attacks on traffic ticket radar cameras in France and Belgium.