Some bits and pieces from here and there:
- NWTRCC has posted a series of web pages devoted to the international history of war tax resistance on its website. You can find another list of historical tax resistance campaigns and acts at Wikipedia.
- A business that refused to pay the war tax instituted by Communist rebels in the Phillipines was burned to the ground by the wannabe government.
- A group of council tax protesters in England stormed the courtroom where one of their number was on trial and put the judge under citizens’ arrest. I don’t know much about these protesters, from an organization called The British Constitution Group, but at first glance they seem to be romantic reactionaries of a sort of old country counterpart of America’s constitutionalist, patriot movement, sovereign citizen types.
- War tax resister Lamar Williamson is fondly remembered by Jeff Kellam at his blog.
- And finally… truth in recruiting