The gilets jaunes (“yellow vests”) continue to demonstrate throughout France, extending what had been planned as a one-day traffic-stopping action to protest fuel tax hikes.
- Demonstrators have blocked access to ports, refineries, and oil depots. This, in combination with the highway blockades, has led to fuel shortages and closure of fuel stations in some places.
- A set of highway tollbooths were set aflame in Virsac.
- On the French island of Réunion, near Madagascar, schools and government buildings are closed today, and the airport is shut down, as yellow vests blockade the highways. The government has announced a night-time curfew through the week.
- Commerce in general has slowed, with many consumer-oriented businesses reporting 20–40% drops in business.
- Frequent updates on the demonstrations can be found at BFM TV.