Some links that have clanked past my browser in recent days:
War Tax Resistance
- The NWTRCC blog highlights Mutual Aid and War Tax Resistance, in particular the War Tax Resisters’ Penalty Fund.
Tax Resistance Campaigns Around the World
- Hundreds of citizens of Trieste declared they would no longer pay taxes to Italy. Carlo Lottieri at Il Foglio puts this tax resistance campaign in the context of other decentralization movements, like Brexit and the Scottish independence referendum.
- The Greek “Won’t Pay” movement is by now well-entrenched. A third of Greeks refuse (or neglect) to pay their bill to the state-run energy utility.
- Catherine McKenna has been documenting the filthy state of the streets in her neighborhood and now says she will refuse to pay council tax until the Croydon Council gets its act together and starts providing decent services in return.
- I stumbled on this interesting paper from : The 1870s Tax Resistance of Julia and Abby Smith: From Natural Rights to Expediency in the Shadow of Separate Spheres by Jessica Hynes.
- The Lost On Time blog dives into the tax resistance of Caroline Fagan of the Women’s Tax Resistance League.