Some links from here and there:
- Rutgers International Institute for Peace has begun releasing a Digital Library of Nonviolent Resistance with items from their archives. Among these is Organizing Tax Resistance, co-written by a team from Nonviolence International and Karen Marysdaughter from NWTRCC.
- Humans of Earth continue their valiant war against the traffic ticket emitting robot hordes. With fire, spraypaint, and gunfire, burning tires, and toppling, radar cameras across Europe have been disabled in recent weeks.
- John Dangelo profiles American Quaker war tax resister Joan H. Nicholson, and Ralph J. Dolan looks back on the life of recently-passed American war tax resister Frances Crowe.
- The Delta Amacuro (Venezuela) state Chamber of Commerce has launched a tax strike to protest what they say are extralegal and “confiscatory” municipal taxes.
- The Nkafu branch of La Société Civile has signed on to the latest tax resistance campaign in the east Congo to protest the government’s inability or unwillingness to provide security in the region.
In other news, the group ADNic is promoting a Nicaraguan tax resistance / consumer strike campaign with a series of graphics. Here are some examples (translations mine):