Some recent links of interest:
- Merchants in San Francisco’s famed Castro district have gotten fed up with the city’s ineffective response to mentally-ill and/or addicted people wreaking havoc while living outdoors on city streets. So fed up that the Castro Merchants Association sent a letter to city officials demanding that the city take more effective action and threatening to “stop paying taxes and stop paying the fees for licenses because the city is not providing the services that are supposed to be guaranteed based on what we’re paying to the city.”
- War tax resisters Betsy Corner & Randy Kehler were interviewed for the Spirit in Action radio show on Northern Spirit Radio.
- Long-time Catholic Worker activist Tom Cornell died . Joel Schlosberg summarized some of his work, including his war tax resistance, for Antiwar.com: “A Pacifist Even in the Tax War”
- Vice magazine recently featured an intriguing article about how Russian Anarchists Are Sabotaging Railways to Stop Putin’s War on Ukraine.
- More traffic ticket radar cameras smashed, absconded with, and spraypainted blind in Germany in recent weeks.