Some bits and pieces from here and there:
- Lincoln Rice of NWTRCC has put together a video tutorial about how you can file a new W-4 Withholding Certificate with your employer to stop federal income tax from being withheld from your paycheck:
- Rice also wrote up a piece on “U.S. Weapons, Ukraine, and War Tax Resistance” for the Agape Community’s The Servant Song newsletter.
- The Voluntown Peace Trust posted news clippings that tell some of the story of Eroseanna Robinson’s brave defiance during her imprisonment for war tax resistance in .
- Democrats in the House of Representatives are trying for a big boost in IRS funding in the next apropriations bill. The boost would be big in nominal terms, but with inflation as high as it is it may not amount to much in practical terms. It also is still just a proposal out of committee. It has a way to go before it becomes a check the agency can cash, and by that time it might well get whittled down.
- Another “International Conference on War Tax Resistance and Peace Tax Campaigns” is planned for in Geneva, Switzerland. From the looks of it, the focus of the meeting will be Conscience and Peace Tax International interfacing somehow with the United Nations Human Rights Council, which has a session at the same time. See my writeup about the international conference for some background about this group and their quixotic obsession with the United Nations.
- I don’t tend to see a lot of war tax resistance activity from Italy, so I was interested to see this article by Moreno Biagioni in Volere la Luna.