Some recent links from hither and yon:
- The “Don’t Pay U.K.” campaign has started.
People are refusing to pay inflated home energy bills and are organizing mutual aid to handle the repercussions.
- Don’t Pay UK: Why are people cancelling their energy bills? (Big Issue)
- Can’t pay, don’t pay (Red Pepper)
- Can’t pay, won’t pay: Britons face energy bill dilemma as the cold bites (The New Statesman)
- The “Don’t Pay U.K.” movement is wisely looking to past tax strikes for inspiration.
Here, for example, are Eight Lessons from the Poll Tax Payment Strike:
- The Mennonite Church USA awarded war tax resister John Stoner its #BringThePeace award this year.
- NWTRCC held a nostalgic 40th anniversary conference on-line last month to reminisce about the activities of the group through the decades.