Some bits and pieces from here and there:
- NWTRCC is collecting a list of protest actions that will be going on around the U.S. this year.
- The Mennonite World Review has a story about a forum held by Mennonites on the subject of reviving the war tax resistance that has long been latent in that tradition.
- Here are some more interesting data about the underground economy. It might be that the underground economy is the second largest economy in the world.
- A group that is trying to preserve heterosexual legal privilege in France is contemplating a tax resistance campaign to press its point.
- The Tampa Bay Times reports that the money vacuumed up from the IRS vaults by tax fraudsters in recent years is “likely gone for good” — even if the fraudsters get caught. Says the paper: “Seldom have so many, with so little, had the ability to steal so much.”